Import Maven Project Into Eclipse
Last modified on October 8th, 2014 by Joe.
This is a quick tip to help import a Maven project into Eclipse IDE. To learn Maven quickly check the Maven in 10 minutes tutorial.
- Download project source code and unzip it into a folder location. Lets assume that we have the Maven project on D:\Joe\Workspace.
- From Eclipse, Project Explorer -> Right click -> Select Import Menu and Import.
- Expand Maven menu.
- And click Existing Maven Projects.
- Click next and browse the location where you have the Maven project source code. (Example: D:\Joe\Workspace)
- Click next, Eclipse will recognize the Maven project and it will show you a list of all possible Maven projects located there.
- Just select the project and click next.
- Eclipse will show you a Maven Build message. Just click finish.
- The Maven project is successfully imported into Eclipse IDE.